Eforcity Wireless Remote Control with 3 Outlets for Lighting, Lamps, Small Appliances
From Eforcity
Specifications: Input: 115V/60Hz, Output: 115V/60Hz, 8A (Do not load with over 10 amps), FCC Compliant, Operating Manual, For indoor use only. Perfect for Holiday Lighting, Lamps and Small Appliances!
- Amazon Sales Rank: #234 in Home Improvement
- Brand: eforcity
- Dimensions: 3.00 pounds
Great for Piano Teachers!!!
This product is the ultimate saver of time and patience. As a music educator in LAUSD, the behavior of my students is abhorrent. Most of these students are at a 1st grade level (musically), and teaching a piano class with 50+ beginning students was destroying my sanity. Anytime that I attempt direct instruction, they will not stop playing. I connected about 18 keyboards to each DSI Outlet two weeks ago, and I have not looked back. I am on the ultimate power-trip at the moment, and I don't think I will ever come back. Silence...sweet silence.
Beware
I rarely write reviews but felt compelled to share my experience with this item.
This unit suffered from a remote that stopped clicking after a while and would activate itself by gravity alone. Just setting the unit down resulted in the tiny bit of weight of the button itself depressing the 'activator' inside the unit with no click. I had to balance the unit on its side when setting it on the night stand to keep it from turning on and off by itself when I walked across the floor.
I tried another model of the same type of product. The unit worked for a couple of days, then the lamp attached to it started to cut off after a few minutes. It would turn back on when prompted by the remote only to turn off again a few minutes later. The lamp worked fine when connected directly to the outlet without the unit.
I think the units, although of different names and slight design differences, might have been made by the same mfg. I realize the units may be made by different companies, my point is that the two variations of devices I owned both stopped working after little use. I have no proof of this but I attribute their faultiness to being poorly slapped together over seas.
Again, this is a great idea and was great for a few days but terrible QC rendered them a waste of money in a very short time. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a good one, it could be dumb luck that I just got stuck with a couple of lemons in a row. However, I would advise caveat emptor on this one.
Works perfectly!
Just thought id let other potential buyers that these work great for me, i have 2 plugged into lights and another one for a fan... all work flawlessly and the remote control is cute and handy.