ZeroWater ZJ-003 Filtration Water Cooler Bottle with Electronic Tester, Filters Included
From ZeroWater

Say goodbye to delivery service and hello to better tasting water! Now you can make your own clean, crisp tasting water in your home or office and eliminate those heavy 5-gallon jugs! Simply pour your tap water into the top of the Z-Bottle. It will flow through 5 STAGES of filtration in our cartridges, reducing dissolved solids that give water an unpleasant taste.The comprehensive filtration system produces water that tastes better than tap water or even that expensive bottled water.And it?s more convenient - no need to lift and flip those awkward 5-gallon jugs or wait for your delivery person to arrive.It tastes so great,you?ll enjoy drinking water! Included with the Z-Bottle is an electronic water tester that shows you the level of dissolved solids in any sample of drinking water.It also lets you know precisely when to change your filters so you get the most usage out of them.Capacity: Holds 2.5 gallons of available water, plus whatever your cooler holds.Ideal for office or home use

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #6340 in Home Improvement
  • Brand: ZeroWater
  • Model: ZJ-003


The ZeroWater Filter Bottle Water Cooler Bottle replaces bottled water service so you: Save money, Do not need to schedule delivery of water, Do not need to store or lift heavy 5-gallon bottles.Unlike conventional gravity-fed water filters, ZeroWater’s patented 5-stage ion-exchange filter delivers the only filtered water to measure absolute 000 on the TDS meter. Compare that to the levels you’ll find in other filtered waters, most bottled waters and plain unfiltered tap water—all of which contain measurable amounts of dissolved substances. Meter readings for tap water average between 75 and 300. Conventional filtered water measures between 030-500, and bottle water between 000-350. The Bottle Filtration Syster Come with the following products: The unique two-chamber Bottle Filtration System with lid that fits any standard water cooler. The Filter Bottle comes with: Two ZF-201 filter cartridges that remove contaminants that cause water to have an unpleasant taste; and An independently made TDS Meter to give you peace of mind that your ZeroWater filter cartridges are working properly. It also lets you know when to replace the filters. When your water starts reading "006" it's time for a change.


Filters don't last long and develop an odor1
At first the water tasted fine and we were happy, but after about a month and half we noticed a fishy odor in the water itself (while the water tester was still reading zero). There are only two of us so I have trouble believing we could use up the filters that quickly and besides the water tester indicates the water is still clean each time the smell occurs. I looked on the Zerowater website and found no information about foul odors. I contacted customer service and all they could say was "sorry you're dissatisfied". We've had to replace the expensive filters every month and a half and my husband cleans and airs out the entire system each time he replaces the filters (which we have had to do 4 times now). Now we are very dissatisfied with the product and frustrated because we don't want to keep lugging home water and buying more plastic bottles. Personally, the smell is so gross that even after the filters are changed I'm hesitant to drink the water.

Too expensive for what it does2
I own a sophisticated R.O. system that produces relatively good water (16 to 22 TDS from an incoming supply of over 500 TDS. I get about 95-97% rejection rate)but I'm always looking for better. The ZeroWater unit I bought to filter my already filtered water does bring it down to zero but at a high cost. It also seems to me to be a clumsy, poorly engineered system (I am a State licensed Professional Engineer). There is a direct proportional increase in the time it takes for the system to filter as the filter becomes submerged in the water it produces. Atmospheric pressure also seems to play a role in the time it takes to filter. With the lid off the filter tray (allowing atmospheric pressure to bear down on the water in the gravity feed process) and mounting it sideways over the pitcher to create more free room at the bottom of the filter, more water is produced in less time. However, all of this is rather moot if you consider that a calcite filter put at the final stage of an R.O. filter system will do the same thing much cheaper. When I researched the calcite filter zero TDS result I wanted, I talked to a number of knowledgeable people in the water filtering business about achieving a zero TDS level of filtration. The consensus seems to be that at that level of water purification the PH of the water is more acidic than may be desireable for daily drinking. It was pointed out to me that pharmacies and laboratories typically use calcite filters to create zero TDS but it has never been adopted as an attainable goal for commercial or home use filtration. Further research revealed that no currently bottled water is at a zero TDS filtration level nor do the makers of commercially available purified water have any intention of producing zero TDS water. Also, all the experts I spoke with noted that virtually no one is capable of tasting the difference between zero TDS and up to about 8 - 10 TDS - which costs a whole lot less than ZeroWater to produce and can be made in much less time with an R.O. system. One other thing, I added a Ultra Violet light to my R.O. system (which is replaced annually for about $40) which to me is a much more important feature to have in home water filtration than absolute zero TDS. UV filtration in home and commercial systems is recognized by the experts as a significant component for water purity.

Expensive, Water Smells and Taste Fishy1
The first time I used the product the filters cleaned the water from 275 to 006pm. However, the filters are suppose to be replaced if the TDS meter shows 006. But I didn't of course, I mean that was the first day I bought the filters. I noticed immediately the water tasted funky, much worse than any bottle water I have ever bought. After a month the filtered water has developed a smell and taste that reminds me of a fish pond or dirty pool.

will not be buying the filters again. Their two expensive to replace, expecially if they only work for a week or less.

Leave a Reply

Pagelines
Converted by Wordpress To Blogger for WP Blogger Themes. Sponsored by iBlogtoBlog.
preload preload preload